We invite you to join hundreds of Catholic educators as they come together to deepen their understanding of the nature and purpose of Catholic education and its roots in the liberal arts tradition.
Our largest annual event inspires and equips a growing community of Catholic educators to reclaim the Church’s full vision of education and to bring it to life in their classrooms. The Institute for Catholic Liberal Education’s 11th annual National Conference will be hosted by the Department of Catholic Studies and the McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts at Duquesne University.
We are delighted to announce the theme for our 2023 ICLE National Conference: Cause of Our Joy. This title of our Blessed Mother points to her fiat—her “yes” to God at the Annunciation—which brought us the Source of all joy, Jesus. Mary will always unite us to the heart of her Son. In Ingres’s famous painting, The Virgin Adoring the Host, her gaze directs us to the Source and Summit of our faith as we proceed in the three-year National Eucharistic Revival.
As Catholic educators, may we strive together to exude the deep joy that can only be found in Our Lord.
The conference begins at 3 p.m. on Monday, July 17th, and concludes with lunch on Thursday, July 20th.
- ICLE Member School Rate: $545 per person
- Non-Member School rate: $595 per person (Become an ICLE Member School today!)
Conference registration includes all programming, receptions, and meals (Monday dinner through Thursday lunch) except Wednesday dinner.
New for 2023: Please note that the conference cost is lower this year and does not include lodging; attendees book their own accommodations. This year’s venue was selected with our attendees in mind, offering the best of both worlds: a “collegiate” atmosphere for our programming and meals, without the dorm-style overnights! See below for suggested lodging options.
Partial, needs-based scholarships are available for vowed religious and educators interested in participating in this program. To request a scholarship, please complete this scholarship request form.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown: Reserve your room at our special conference rate of $169 / night HERE. Please be sure to check the link’s default dates and change the dates of your stay if needed.
- On-Campus Housing at Duquesne University: Single occupancy ($60 / person / night) and double occupancy ($50 / person / night) rooms are available in St. Ann Hall. Please note that St. Ann Hall features community-style bathrooms in each hallway. The following are provided by Duquesne for each guest staying in the hall: two (2) sheets, one (1) pillow case, two (2) bath towels, (2) wash cloths, (1) pillow, and blanket. Take a virtual tour here. University housing is being coordinated by Duquesne University. If you wish to be contacted by Duquesne University regarding their housing options, please complete this interest form.
The Institute for Catholic Liberal Education is pleased to again offer a limited livestreaming option for those who cannot attend the National Conference in person.
The $595 livestream registration includes:
- One school license for live viewing of all plenary sessions and one breakout presentation (pre-selected by ICLE) per breakout block for current faculty and staff members
- Access to recordings for 90 days after the conference
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION CANCELLATION POLICY:
Conference registration cancellations received at least 60 days in advance of the event will be honored with a full refund. Conference registration cancellations received at least 30 days in advance will receive a 50% refund. Conference registration cancellations received less than 30 days in advance will receive no refund. Please allow up to 30 days for a refund to be processed by ICLE.
Please contact Program Manager Megan Fassero with questions regarding the National Conference: firstname.lastname@example.org.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE 2022 NATIONAL CONFERENCE
2022 National conference
videos available FOR PURCHASE
We are honored to present a Premier Videos Package of plenary and select breakout talks from our 2022 summer conference. Whether you were able to participate in-person, virtually, or even just by viewing these recordings now, we thank you for joining us as we strive to grow in faith, knowledge, and wisdom—and to continue to abide in the theme of our conference: “For the Life of the World.” View the program below for a full description of included talks and speaker information.