Registration opens soon! To be notified when registration for the 2024 National Conference becomes available, please click the “Register” button at the top of this page.
Our largest annual event, the National Conference inspires and equips a growing community of Catholic educators to reclaim the Church’s full vision of education and to bring it to life in their classrooms. Join hundreds of Catholic educators as they come together to deepen their understanding of the nature and purpose of Catholic education and its roots in the liberal arts tradition.
The 2024 National Conference will take place on the campus of Benedictine College in Atchison, Kansas.
The theme for our 2024 National Conference is taken from Psalm 27:4 – Behold the Beauty of the Lord. In this image of The Eucharist, Jan van Kessel the Elder, a 17th century Flemish artist, evokes the radiant beauty of the transcendent mystery of the Blessed Sacrament. As the three-year national Eucharistic Revival approaches its final pilgrimage and Congress, we are reminded that we are transformed by what we behold. We aim to behold and contemplate together the aspects of beauty that nourish us in our mission through sacrament, prayer, fellowship, and the richness of the Catholic educational tradition.
Like the psalmist, may we as Catholic educators seek and love what is true, good, and beautiful, so that we may be truly transformed in Christ.
The conference takes place over the course of four days, beginning on the afternoon of Tuesday, July 9, and concluding around lunch time on Friday, July 12.
COST FOR 2024:
Member School Rate: $575 per person
Non-Member School Rate: $625 per person (Become an ICLE Member School today!)
Conference registration includes all programming, receptions, and meals (Tuesday dinner through Friday lunch) except Thursday dinner.
Title funds (federal monies administered by your Local Educational Agency) may be available to help offset participant costs related to this event. Past participants in this event have successfully secured title funding. Please review some helpful information here.
A limited number of partial, needs-based scholarships are available for priests and vowed religious interested in participating in this program. To apply for a scholarship, please complete this scholarship request form.
TRAVEL DETAILS – IMPORTANT:
Because ride share and public transportation options are not readily available in Atchison, we highly recommend that you consider renting a car for the simplest mode of transportation between the airport and Atchison, and between your hotel and campus. Parking on campus and in Atchison is plentiful and free.
Please check back for additional transportation options as they become available.
Please be sure to make your own housing arrangements. Note that housing is NOT included in the cost of your conference registration. We recommend the following lodging options:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atchison (located about a mile from campus): Reserve your room at our special conference rate of $140/night HERE by June 1. Please be sure to check the link’s default dates and change the dates of your stay if needed. Note that the room rate is for 1-4 adults sharing a room. The room rate online shows as “non-refundable,” however refunds are available up until 24 hours before the day of your arrival by calling the hotel directly at 913-674-0033.
- Quality Inn Atchison (located about 1.6 miles from campus): Reserve your room at our special conference rate of $119/night HERE by June 1. Please be sure to check the link’s default dates and change the dates of your stay if needed. Note that the room rate is for 1-4 adults sharing a room. Refunds are available up until 24 hours before the day of your arrival.
- On-Campus Housing at Benedictine College: Single occupancy ($70/ person/night) and double-occupancy ($55/person/night) rooms with semi-private bathrooms shared between 2, 3, or 4 individuals will be available. If you are interested in reserving on-campus housing, please complete this interest form. (IMPORTANT: Please note that this is not a reservation, but simply a way for you to indicate that you are interested in making a reservation.)
- The following are provided by Benedictine for each guest staying on campus: two sheets, one bath towel, one hand towel, one washcloth, one pillow, one pillowcase, and one blanket. Travel-size shampoo, conditioner, and bar soap are also provided.
- Private housing (private sleeping room, private bath) for priests, religious, and married couples will be available upon request. Please complete the interest form, indicating your need for private housing.
- If you have any questions related to Benedictine College on-campus housing, please contact Liz Yawarsky, Events and Hospitality Logistics Coordinator, at eyawarsky@Benedictine.edu.
Please note that the Benedictine College campus and its surroundings are hilly. Mass, plenary sessions, breakout sessions, meals, and other events on the schedule will take place in several separate locations across the college campus, requiring the ability to navigate between buildings. Note that the campus is ADA accessible and elevators are available when needed for access to upper floors. Please contact Program Manager Megan Fassero with any questions or concerns: mfassero@CatholicLiberalEducation.org.
The Institute for Catholic Liberal Education is pleased to again offer a limited livestreaming option for those who cannot attend the National Conference in person.
Livestream registration includes:
- One school license for live viewing of all plenary sessions and one breakout presentation (pre-selected by ICLE) per breakout block for current faculty and staff members
- Access to recordings for 90 days after the conference.
CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE:
Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) are granted for participation in ICLE workshops, programs, and events. You may request a certificate of attendance for full, in-person attendance at a previous event HERE.
Heads of school can request certificates for teachers who have completed the livestream training HERE. The head of the school will need to confirm that the teacher participated in the full event and sign the certificate.
For all programs, cancellations received at least 60 days in advance of the event will be honored with a full refund. Cancellations received at least 30 days in advance will receive a 50% refund. Cancellations received less than 30 days in advance will receive no refund. Please allow up to 30 days for a refund to be processed.
For more information, registrants are invited to visit our Attendee Information page:
Please contact Program Manager Megan Fassero with questions: mfassero@CatholicLiberalEducation.org.
2023 National conference
videos available FOR PURCHASE
We are honored to present a Premier Videos Package of plenary and select breakout talks from our 2023 summer conference. Whether you were able to participate in-person, virtually, or even just by viewing these recordings now, we thank you for joining us as we strive to grow in faith, knowledge, and wisdom—and to abide in Him with joyful spirits. View the program below for a full description of included talks and speaker information.