FEBRUARY 7-10, 2024
For the third year in a row, we return to lovely Sarasota, Florida, for the 2024 Superintendent Summit and Retreat. Fr. John Belmonte, S.J., Superintendent of Catholic Education for the Diocese of Venice in Florida, will once again serve as our Summit host and retreat master. We will enjoy great fellowship and wisdom sharing with like-minded superintendents, committed to fulfilling the Church’s noble and life-giving mission for Catholic schools.
The Summit will feature special guest speakers Bishop Thomas Daly*, Chairman of the USCCB Committee on Education, and Mary Pat Donoghue, Executive Director of the USCCB Secretariat of Catholic Education. (*Bishop Daly has expressed his intention to attend. In deference to the demands of the episcopacy, we would like to offer the disclaimer that we consider his confirmed attendance tentative, not absolute.)
Registration opens September 1st.
- Wednesday, February 7, is designated as a travel day. Depending on interest and arrival times, pre-conference fellowship will be coordinated.
- Thursday, February 8 – Retreat, Mass, Authentic Roman Feast (back by popular demand at La Mucca Ballerina)
- Friday, February 9 – Mass and Retreat, Sessions, Group Outing, Pre-Dinner Reception, Dinner at Hotel, Seminars
- Saturday, February 10 – Mass and Retreat, Superintendent Roundtable, Lunch, Dismissal
$395 per person. The registration cost includes retreat, programming, tour, and meals beginning with Thursday dinner and ending with lunch on Saturday. Hotel and airfare are not included.
Registrations are non-refundable.
A block of rooms at a special rate has been reserved at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Sarasota Hotel. Please use THIS LINK to reserve your room at the special rate. Please disregard the reference to the “Daily Mandatory Destination Charge;” the charge has been waived and the amenities are not included in the ICLE rate.
All reservations under the group rate must be made by January 19, 2024.
Included in the special rate:
- Complimentary internet in guest rooms
- Mini-refrigerators and microwaves in every room
- Discounted self-parking rate of $10 per day with unlimited in and out privileges
- Complimentary Cook-To-Order Full Breakfast
- Complimentary Evening Manager’s Reception
- Complimentary shuttle within 3 miles of hotel
Please contact Mike Van Hecke at mvh@CatholicLiberalEducation.org or 844-425-3832 x 702 with any questions.
What Past Participants Say
“I enjoy the opportunity to spend time with colleagues who are interested in reclaiming what is authentic. I am always encouraged by the ICLE presenters and staff who truly care about helping us to flourish as schools.”
“Engaging presentations, good conversation with very good people, retreat with substance, all directed toward the good, the true and the beautiful . . .”
“It was faith-filled and aspirational. The best part was the good people it drew together. Thanks so much.”