Bl. Basil Moreau Confraternity of Teachers
As teachers, we need prayer, and prayer perfects our teaching. Become a Member of the
Bl. Basil Moreau Confraternity and join Catholic teachers around the country strengthening
one another through prayer, and benefiting from the prayers of priests and religious offering their
prayers and sufferings for your work.
- To unite teachers in prayer for one another as we work to model ourselves on Christ the Teacher.
- To learn to love our students, schools and subjects with the heart of Christ the Teacher
- To see the needs of those we serve through the gifts of the Holy Spirit
- To incorporate prayer into our teaching and teaching into our prayer
- To offer Mass (First Saturday, if possible), Rosary, and Morning or Evening Prayer once per month for the intentions of the confraternity.
- To make a monthly teacher examination of conscience and pray the Teacher’s Litany of Mercy
- To read one short monthly meditation by an Institute author on the spirituality of teaching.
Members benefit from:
- The prayers of their fellow members
- Masses offered for the Society by the Institute Chaplain
- Prayers of religious congregations devoted to education
- The insights of the meditation readings
- Christ the Teacher
- Blessed Basil Moreau
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton
- St. John the Baptist de la Salle
- St. John Bosco
As teachers, we need prayer for ourselves, our loved ones, our schools, and our students. Please feel free to use this form to request prayers for specific intentions. These will be shared with Confraternity Members and the priests and religious specially dedicated to praying for the needs of Catholic teachers.