As teachers, we need prayer, and prayer perfects our teaching. Become a Member of the
St. Basil Moreau Confraternity and join
one another through prayer, and benefiting from the prayers of priests and religious offering their
prayers and sufferings for your work.
- To unite teachers in prayer for one another as we work to model ourselves on Christ the Teacher.
- To learn to love our students, schools and subjects with the heart of Christ the Teacher
- To see the needs of those we serve through the gifts of the Holy Spirit
- To incorporate prayer into our teaching and teaching into our prayer
- To offer Mass (First Saturday, if possible), Rosary, and Morning or Evening Prayer once per month for the intentions of the confraternity.
- To make a monthly teacher examination of conscience and pray the Teacher’s Litany of Mercy
- To read one short monthly meditation by an Institute author on the spirituality of teaching.
Members benefit from:
- The prayers of their fellow members
- Masses offered for the Society by the Institute Chaplain
- Prayers of religious congregations devoted to education
- The insights of the meditation readings
- Discount to Magnificat monthly prayer journal