The Good Shepherd Academy, an independent, coeducational school for grades K – 12, founded by parents as primary educators, seeks to form students to know, love, and serve God through a rigorous classical education based on the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church, with frequent reception of the sacraments, developing a reverence for the Holy Mass to fortify their faith in Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament.
The Good Shepherd students will be academic achievers who:
- Know the content of the Catholic faith and are able to defend it;
- Will receive religious instruction using The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd. Through this sacramental Catholic classical education, students will grow organically in faith and virtue as a by-product of their education. Students will also receive regular reception of the sacraments.
- Retain acquired knowledge through the exercise of memory;
- Think critically, solve problems independently, and express arguments logically;
- Read, listen, write, and speak competently;
- Seek wisdom and understanding rather than mere information.
The Good Shepherd students will be faithful Catholics who:
- Will have reverence for the Holy Mass and be fortified their faith in Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament
- Glorify God in appearance, manners, and speech; and
- Are familiar with the lives, wisdom, and virtues of the saints, especially the Blessed Virgin Mary.
The Good Shepherd students will be citizen leaders who:
- Treat others with Charity, Justice, and Respect
- Work with honesty, excellence, and perseverance; and
- Demonstrate leadership in a variety of school settings, community and parish involvement.
The Good Shepherd Academy, dedicated to the academic and moral formation of every student, will partner with parents in educating the spiritual and intellectual needs of the child. To accomplish this endeavor, the Good Shepherd Academy will educate students within the nurturing framework of a Catholic philosophy of education. Through a Catholic classical education, children will be able to reason effectively and express their thoughts coherently and convincingly. Students will encounter the greatest thinkers of Western Civilization and wisdom found in great literature, becoming wise themselves in the process. Through Catholic classical education, students naturally will be impelled to seek Truth, Beauty, and Goodness, as they grow in faith, reason, virtue, and wisdom. Students will come to know, love, and serve God.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.