Sts. Peter & Paul Catholic School Tulsa, Oklahoma
Sts. Peter and Paul Catholic School is a seeking a faithful, experienced, highly skilled and dedicated school principal to lead our K through 8th grade Diocesan elementary school beginning in the academic school year 2021-2022.
The principal of Sts. Peter and Paul Catholic School is a minister of the Parish and School community and of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Tulsa and Eastern Oklahoma. Our principal is a missionary disciple dedicated to the Proclamation of the Gospel and is a servant-leader willing to serve others through fidelity and excellence. The successful principal will establish, demonstrate and promote the highest standards of excellence in Catholic identity, academics and organizational leadership. Key responsibilities include:
- A joyfully devoted and practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church, whose faith animates his or her spiritual, professional and personal life and whose intellect, passions and will are ordered to the common good.
- A deep and passionate commitment to Catholic education that embraces the good, the true and the beautiful, and a love of these things for their own sake; commitment to the education of the whole child: mind, body and spirit.
- Dynamic supervision of school personnel (staff, students and volunteers) that generates enthusiasm for the school and its mission.
- Management of day to day operations, including evaluations, budgets, fundraising, academic schedules, school programs, building renovations as needed, and extra-curricular activities.
- Management and implementation of policies and procedures
- Leadership in development efforts including enrollment growth, advancement and fundraising
- Master’s degree in an academic discipline with teaching and administrative experience preferred.
- School Administrator’s license/certification (preferred or in process).
- Experience in overseeing and/or directing a preschool program preferred.
- Demonstrated success in teaching, administration and supervision with the ability to work collegially with faculty, parents and the parish community; a principal who leads by example especially as the head of a community of life-long learners and offers opportunities for the faculty and parents, as the primary educators, to grow as adult learners.
- Effective and frequent communication with students, faculty, staff and parents and the ability to work collaboratively with the pastor of the Sts. Peter and Paul Catholic Church and the Superintendent of Catholic Schools.
- Fluency in Spanish would be beneficial, but not required. Students are English learners, but some parents prefer to speak only in Spanish.
Salary and benefits are competitive for the qualified candidate.
Candidates should provide the following materials to the Superintendent of Catholic Schools at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter articulating skills, experiences and values with the leadership needs of the school
- Current resume
- Statement of educational or leadership philosophy
- Five (5) professional references with current contact information, plus three (3) letters of reference.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To ensure appropriate consideration, candidates are advised to submit materials as soon as possible.
More about Sts. Peter and Paul
Sts. Peter and Paul Parish and School are located in northeast Tulsa and serves the needs of English and Spanish speaking parishioners and visitors, offering weekend Masses in English and Spanish, as well as one Mass in Latin (1962 RM/EF) and Perpetual Adoration. The Parish also boasts the Diocesan Shrine to St. Toribio Romo, who is the patron of Mexican immigrants. Sts. Peter and Paul Catholic School initially opened for the 1951-1952 school year with 250 students enrolled. The Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, Wisconsin were installed as the primary teachers. For the next 37 years, the Dominicans shaped the educational paths of thousands of students. Enrollment reached its all-time high of 648 in the 1959-1960 school year. Urban sprawl and economic changes have reshaped the current landscape of the Sts. Peter and Paul community. The present enrollment is approximately 170. The community seeks to unify English and Spanish speaking members of the faithful at all times. A vast majority of the students qualify for financial aid and a reduced lunch rate program. For almost 70 years, the mission at Sts. Peter and Paul Catholic School has remained the same: commitment to both instilling the fundamental beliefs of the Roman Catholic faith and providing a quality education. The school and parish community are dedicated to preparing its students for the future through faith formation and academic excellence while enhancing students’ emotional, physical, and spiritual growth.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com