Website Stella Maris Academy Duluth, Minnesota
Stella Maris Academy is dedicated to preparing lifelong learners who lead, love, and serve as Jesus taught; transforming our world one student at a time. We are currently seeking applications for President of Stella Maris Academy.
The president is the chief executive officer of the school and has the responsibility of planning and establishing policies, practices, and procedures that facilitate the school’s ability to carry out its mission of education and formation. This position oversees and directs the principals and the development, marketing, admissions and finance offices, as well as facilities and operations. The president interacts with external constituencies, engages in advancement initiatives that promote a positive image of the school in the community and helps foster relationships with the alumni of the Academy.
This position is an extension of the Bishop’s Ministry and must collaborate with the Director of Schools for the Diocese and has responsibility to the Sole Member or his designee. The incumbent must have the willingness and ability to support the Mission of the Universal and Local Roman Catholic Church.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- – Lead the administrative team to ensure outstanding academic and faith formation for the students and families of the school
- – Ensure the mission and philosophy of the academy is implemented and periodically reviewed and evaluated by various stakeholders and approved by the Board
- – Facilitate the Board to ensure a stable and viable academy building an environment of innovation, accountability and mission-driven focus among stakeholders
- – Maintain an organizational structure through which working relationships and line of authority and responsibility for administration are clearly defined.
- – Initiate the implementation of the Stella Maris Academy high school.
- – Lead the curricular development to provide quality education which meets the spiritual and academic needs of the students
- – Collaborate with principals in the operations of the Academy and provide leadership and supervision of activities and affairs of the Academy
- – Supervise, coach and evaluate the Principals annually
- – Oversee and manage funds and procedures for the budget, audit and financial planning including setting direction and helping to prioritize mission-driven programs and projects of the Academy
- – Ensure that appropriate safeguards are followed to maintain financial, personnel, and student records
- – Collaborating with the principals in recruiting and maintaining competent professional staff and providing development opportunities which encourage spiritual and professional growth
- – Create meaningful connections with the entire Duluth Catholic community, fostering an atmosphere of open communication and constructive dialogue with all stakeholders
- – Provide oversight of the development initiatives including public relations, marketing, enrollment, fundraising and advancement to enhance the image of the academy in the local community and promotes cooperation with the local parishes
- – In conjunction with the Development Office and Governing Board, create and cultivate relationships with benefactors in order to ensure the long-term financial stability of the school and to support its growth
- – Manage the processes prescribed by the accrediting association
- – Maintain and execute the Stella Maris strategic plan
- – Maintain frequent and substantive communications with the Governing Board and Director of Schools
- – Collaborate with the Governing Board to develop and implement forward-thinking strategic initiatives and policies that shape the short and long-term direction of the school
- – Participate in all Academy Board of Director meetings and committees as needed.
- – Work collaboratively with the diocesan offices
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- – Advanced degree in an education, management, or administrative field (preference Master’s Degree of Educational Administration or Educational Specialist Degree)
- – Proven leadership in Catholic school education and administration
- – A practicing member of the Catholic community and a champion of Catholic education
- – Ability to deal gracefully with stress, conflict and failure
- – Decision maker, balancing the delegation of responsibilities with decisive actions
- – Knowledge of best practices in management and organizational behavior including business and financial acumen
- – Prefer an active member of a Catholic community in order to express personal knowledge of the Catholic faith and commitment to Catholic ideals
- – Effective leadership skills that foster and cultivates talent and collaboration
- – Maintains confidentiality
- – Ability to perform responsibilities with minor oversight
- – Collaborative and team building and coaching skills
- – A personal commitment to high standard in education
- – Successfully pass a criminal background check
To apply please complete the SMA Application for Employment online (https://form.jotform.com/201356583248155) and attach resume, cover letter, three letters of recommendation and college transcripts. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mike Mazzio at (218) 623-6251 or firstname.lastname@example.org.