Website St. John the Evangelist Catholic School Pensacola, Florida
Appointed by the Pastor and Superintendent, the Principal at St. John the Evangelist Catholic School serves as the chief administrator for the school, providing leadership and vision and ensuring superior quality in the curricular, co-curricular, and administrative programs toward attainment of the school’s mission. A practicing Catholic in good standing with the Roman Catholic Church, the Principal upholds and models a moral code consistent with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the mission of the school. As primary educational leader, the Principal encourages an environment for faculty and staff to create a superlative and rigorous academic program through which students prepare themselves for higher education. As well, the Principal bears ultimate responsibility for the integration and implementation of faith programming for both students and faculty. The Principal coordinates the program of supervision and evaluation of the faculty and is responsible for the successful day-to-day operation of the academic and business components of the school through effective delegation of responsibilities to the appropriate faculty and staff.
Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
1. Implements the Pastor’s vision for the school as a ministry of the parish and the Superintendent’s vision for the school within a system of Catholic schools
2. Ensures the school upholds the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church
3. Ensures all personnel uphold Diocesan and school policies
4. Ensures all personnel and programs achieve the mission, goals and objectives of the school
5. Oversees the development of all curricular and co-curricular programs through direct reports
6. Oversees the supervision and evaluation of all personnel and other human resource matters
7. Oversees school finances and the budgeting process
8. Oversees communications, enrollment management, and fundraising through direct reports
9. Serves as principal representative for students and their parents
10. Serves as principal representative to all external entities
11. Assists in the development, coordination, and execution of the school’s accreditation and strategic planning processes
12. Attends all Diocesan Principal meetings and fully participates on Principal committees at the direction of the Superintendent
13. Any and all other duties required or assigned to ensure the successful operation of the school
The Pastor and Superintendent of Catholic Schools will evaluate the Principal each year. The evaluation will be based on diocesan policy and the duties and responsibilities listed above. Information for the evaluation will be gathered from the administration, faculty, and staff of St. John the Evangelist Catholic School.
Minimum Qualifications for Applicants:
The Principal will be a dynamic, energetic leader who facilitates learning, growth, and collaboration both inside and outside the classroom. The Principal will be a practicing Catholic who holds a genuine commitment to Catholic education and the ability and willingness to relate well to students and members of the school community and to interact with them regularly. The Principal must be open to new ideas and able to effectively implement policies and programs that further the school’s mission.
The Principal should have the ability to obtain administrative certification in the State of Florida and hold a minimum of a Master’s degree in an education-related discipline. The Principal must have a successful background in teaching and/or leadership experience in a school setting. The Principal must understand, embrace, and be able to articulate the mission and vision of Catholic education. It is important that the Principal create a collaborative, positive, and inclusive environment conducive to open communication.
Interested applicants should forward a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to Donna Bass, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position will be open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com