Website Diocese of Grand Rapids Grand Rapids, Michigan
Are you passionate about preparing students to seek and fulfill God’s plan for learning and life? Are you a compassionate educator who creatively solves problems? Do you desire an opportunity to share and develop best practices in a collaborative team, and play an important role in implementing effective instruction and the celebration of the Catholic faith?
The Catholic schools in the Diocese of Grand Rapids, Michigan are seeking qualified candidates to teach in our schools.
Our schools are located in the growing and vibrant city of Grand Rapids as well as throughout West Michigan. We are an alliance of 31 learning communities (26 elementary and five high schools) serving more than 6,000 preschool through 12th grade students. Our Catholic school enrollment has grown in 3 of the last 6 years.
Our Bishop, David Walkowiak, recently won the NCEA’s prestigious President’s Award for his bold Catholic Schools Initiative that helped us achieve growth.
We are in year three of a community-wide, collaboratively-developed strategic plan designed to enhance Catholic culture and mission, programmatic excellence, affordability and accessibility, and stewardship and sustainability.
We have set lofty goals for the growth of our schools and programs, and this effort will require many partners.
Our schools employ more than 450 teachers, and each year we have openings for faith-filled Catholic teachers and leaders that seek to integrate their professional training and Catholic faith as missionary disciples.
Candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate (or the ability to obtain one)
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Proficient usage and integration of technology in the classroom setting
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of current Diocesan Standards
- Commitment to lifelong learning as demonstrated by attendance at seminars, in-services, and training
- Must have or willing to take Virtus – Protecting God’s Children Training
- The candidate should be Catholic and uphold the teachings of the Catholic Church.
Check out current openings here. Scroll down to “Schools” and check back often as positions get added throughout the year. Teachers are hired by and report directly to the school principal. You may also send electronic letters of interest and resumes to:
Office of Catholic Schools
Diocese of Grand Rapids
Shelley Hofmann, Administrative Assistant
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com