High School Math Teacher – St. Michael Academy – Petoskey, MI
St. Michael Academy, in beautiful Petoskey, Michigan is accepting applications for a full-time high school Math teacher. Applicants should be practicing Catholics who are enthusiastic about incorporating the Catholic faith in their teaching.
Courses responsible for
• Algebra I
• Algebra II
About St. Michael Academy
St. Michael Academy, is a Catholic, coeducational, high school with grades 9 -12, located in Petoskey, Michigan. St. Michael Academy offers a unique, yet time-honored, approach to education through its Integrated Classical Catholic Curriculum. The program is based on the three pillars of classical education: integrated history and literature, a rigorous study of the natural world, and an appreciation of the visual and performing arts, all suffused with the light of the Catholic faith. English, History, Religion, Philosophy and the Sciences, are taught with an emphasis on the Permanent Things (love, beauty, justice, truth, etc.) Apologetics are not taught as a separate class, but are threaded throughout all of our subjects; Art and Sciences alike. Our school and staff embody a commitment to fostering faith, inspiring academic excellence, and developing character in every student.
For more information on the school, please visit our website http://www.stmichaelpetoskey.com
While experience with or a knowledge of a classical teaching philosophy is a plus, the major attribute we are looking for is a love of God and desire to inspire students to love the Church and with it to understand the Truths of His revelation, especially as they pertain to the natural order of creation.
The successful candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
• A strong academic record with a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics
• Teaching credential, preferred;
• Desire to share his/her faith journey
• Ability to collaborate effectively with faculty, students and staff
• Intellectual curiosity and willingness to grow professionally
• Ability to integrate technology effectively into the Math curriculum
• Maintains best professional practices in communicating with peers, students and parents
• Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com