Classics Instructor – Holy Family Academy – St. Louis Park, MN
Holy Family Academy, a Catholic classical school in St. Louis Park Mn, has a Middle School Position open with the following potential:
Are you a history or Latin teacher who wants to join a vibrant Catholic community with a dynamic staff working together to save souls? We have had much success at implementing a Catholic classical curriculum. We have a determined and experienced staff leading the charge. This is a major position opening up in our school with the potential for a very competitive pay level (DOE). This will be a ministry that will be intellectually satisfying to the potential hire. He/she will be contributing to the potential of our students and staff to enter into the “great conversation”. We have a flexible career path: A candidate could teach Latin/ History (as it is now) or Science/Latin or Science/5th grade Math (or eventually Advanced Alg. II), or History/5th Grade Math. We can be flexible in matching you to your best fit.
Holy Family Academy is a vibrant, joy-filled PK-8 Catholic classical school located in St. Louis Park, MN with about 180 students in attendance. The Catholic faith permeates everything that we do and is the cornerstone of our mission. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.hfamn.org.
At Holy Family Academy, all full-time teachers must be a joyful, practicing Catholics who understand and believe in the mission of forming faith-filled young people determined to bring Christ to others and build a Culture of Life.
While experience with or a knowledge of a classical teaching philosophy is a plus, the major attribute we are looking for is a love of God and desire to inspire students to love the Church and with it to understand the Truths of His revelation, especially as they pertain salvation history.
The candidate will:
1) Be an enthusiastic and creative teacher with a minimum of two years of experience teaching History or Latin to middle school, high-school-age, or intermediate school students.
2) Be an active, practicing Catholic committed to joyfully witnessing the faith to young people.
3) Be able to team with the other faculty members in order to ensure that the overall school mission is being met in each department area.
4) Have excellent speaking and writing skills and have same high expectations of students.
5) Have experience with classical education or be willing to learn and implement classical educational techniques.