Bishop Machebeuf High School is currently seeking a full-time Learning Specialist.
The Learning Specialist fulfills the mission of the Catholic school by assisting the Principal with planning, guiding, and evaluating the learning process of the students in the Catholic school for whom the Specialist is responsible within the framework of the school’s philosophy, organization, and curriculum. The Specialist provides the appropriate learning atmosphere and activities designed to maximize student competencies and skills for intellectual, emotional, physical, social, and spiritual growth toward a successful future. Responsibilities include developing official accommodation plans, academic coaching, teacher training on implementation of accommodations in alignment with the school’s pedagogy, screening for students who potentially may struggle at school in order to ensure support is in place to help them be successful.
• Education Certification: licensed teacher
• Master’s degree: Special Education, Language Therapy, or related field
• Experience working with students with learning disabilities
• A desire to form young men and women to be disciples of Jesus Christ and loyal sons and daughters of His Church
• A commitment to continued learning and growth as an individual and member of the staff
• Ability to publicly support and live out the values of the Gospel as taught by the Catholic Church
• Experience interpreting evaluations and establishing accommodations such as a 504 coordinator or within special education.
• Familiarity with classical education and Charlotte Mason principles.
• Classroom teaching experience
• Experience working with high school students preferred but not mandatory
Please submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Cover Letter
• Diocesan application (available at http://www.machebeuf.org)
• Official or unofficial copies of transcripts will be required during this process
• Copy of teaching licenses (If applicable)
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Salary Range: (Depending on experience and qualifications)
• Salary is based on a salary scale which takes into consideration experience and education.
• Strong benefits package, including health, dental, and vision (cost is shared between employer and employee)
Based on the foundation and heritage of Bishop Joseph P. Machebeuf, our mission is to be an academic community of faith that strives to form the hearts, minds, and souls of our students in the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the living Tradition of the Catholic Church.
In employment practices, the Archdiocese of Denver Catholic Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, unfavorable military discharge, marital status, mental or physical handicap when these are unrelated to the ability to perform duties of the position. This policy is interpreted consistently with the religious mission and teaching of the Catholic Church.