Aquinas Academy, an independent Pre-K-8th Grade, private, classical school in the Catholic tradition, is seeking a full-time K5 teacher for the 2019-2020 school year.
Qualified applicants must have a love and passion for teaching young children. Also, the person must have a deep love for Jesus Christ and His Church, adhere to the teachings of the Catholic Church, possess the highest Catholic standards of ethics and moral conduct, and take an Oath of Fidelity to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Conduct daily classroom assignments.
• Develop K5 curriculum as articulated by the Principal. Understanding the current curriculum will be essential to success.
• Provide timely reports, grade postings and other information as requested by the Principal.
• Communicate academic and behavioral progress with parents in a respectful and timely manner.
• Maintain an orderly and tidy classroom environment.
• Implement virtue program into instruction and classroom management.
• Consult with other teachers to further the Classical teaching methodology at Aquinas Academy.
• Consult with the Principal on Classical Curriculum and its implementation in the classroom.
Candidates must possess the following skills:
• Practicing Catholic preferred, with an excellent moral reputation, apostolic zeal for working for the Church.
• Possess a Bachelor’s degree
• Possess Wisconsin state teacher’s certificate or is willing to work towards certification in a school approved certification program.
• Demonstrated proficiency curriculum implementation.
• Demonstrated proficiency in classroom discipline.
• Demonstrated proficiency in working with parents.
• Exceptional leadership and teamwork capabilities.
• Excellent social qualities, a sound character, and a firm kind manner.
• Serve as a positive and contributing team player
• Highest degree of professionalism and confidentiality
• Adapt curriculum for children with different learning skills is a plus
If you are interested in being considered for this exciting opportunity, please send your cover letter, resume, transcripts, and references, to Andrew Denten at email@example.com. For additional questions, please call the main office (262) 502-1540.