Holy Family Cathedral School seeks a highly qualified classroom teacher for a Sixth Grade classroom for the 2020-2021 academic year.
• fidelity to the Magisterium in thought, word, and deed;
• familiarity with classical educational methods and/or openness to learning about and implementing the same;
• bachelor’s degree in a subject-area related to the position for which you apply;
• certification or openness to certification in the area in which you will teach;
• practicing Catholic joyfully striving to live according to Christ’s words, “Metanoeite!” (Mt 3:2), “Love one another” (Jn 13:34), and “keep my commands” (Jn 14:15).
Dedication to Catholic and classical culture:
• support the full mission of Holy Family Cathedral School by word and witness;
• help cultivate a culture of virtue and holiness in the classroom and the community;
• as a minister of the Catholic Church, give witness to the full mission of the school in all aspects of professional and personal life;
• take an active role in contributing to a Christocentric, classical community.
• capability of teaching well in multiple subject-areas while collaborating with colleagues;
• ability to adapt teaching methods to a wide variety of students and circumstances;
• effective planning skills and collaboration with administration and parents;
• competency in teaching, pedagogical methods, and classroom management;
• flexibility and adaptability in the classroom and in extensions of the classroom.
• understand, appreciate, and implement positive discipline in the context of virtue-ethics;
• maintain positive self-image and positive regard for students in word and deed;
• create a disciplined, organized, safe, open, and joyous learning environment.
• work cooperatively and effectively with the administration and staff;
• interact with students in a joyful, respectful, friendly, and just manner;
• create and maintain positive and collaborative relationships with parents;
• keep parents informed regarding student progress;
• establish and maintain regular communication with parents and guardians.
Professional Responsibilities and Growth:
• maintain professionalism in appearance, grooming, words, manners, and actions;
• handle confidential situations, discipline, and/or sensitive information discreetly;
• seek professional growth opportunities in consultation with the school’s headmaster;
• interpret school programs and policies to the local community in a positive manner;
• maintain punctual and full attendance for all required professional days and events;
• maintain diocesan VIRTUS/CYP certification (ongoing throughout each year);
• fulfill responsibilities as assigned in the spirit of the school’s Catholic, classical mission.
Please email cover letter, CV, and a list of three references (two professional, one personal, clearly indicated) directly to the Headmaster of Holy Family Cathedral School, Dr. Brown, at email@example.com, with a copy to the Assistant Headmistress, Mrs. Trish Spoerl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holy Family Cathedral School is a Catholic classical liberal arts elementary school. Founded by Saint Katharine Drexel over 120 years ago, the school provides an exceptional Catholic & classical education in the spirit of our foundress. Her mission continues today, strongly supported by our Bishop. Our teachers lead their students to wonder at truth, goodness & beauty. We educate for happiness rooted in virtue, understanding that in the order of nature & grace these are mirrored perfectly in our Lord, who alone makes possible an authentically liberal education. Every teacher here is called above all to discipleship & missionary activity in the classroom & community by both personal witness & teaching. Our teachers are called to prayer, collegial friendship & self-gift through their work.