Bishop Machebeuf High School is currently seeking a teacher for the 2020-2021 school year for courses in an integrated humanities curriculum that employs a great books, seminar-style pedagogical approach to literature and history in conjunction with courses in the trivium (grammar, logic, and rhetoric) or Latin language.
Candidates must have:
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
• A desire to form young men and women to be servants of Jesus Christ and loyal sons and daughters of His Church.
• An active personal faith life and involvement in the Catholic Church.
• Extensive knowledge of, and educational background in, literature.
• Exposure to the disciplines of philosophy and history.
• A commitment to continued learning and growth as an individual and member of the faculty.
Experience working with high school students preferred but not mandatory.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Cover Letter
• Diocesan application (available at http://www.machebeuf.org)
• A statement articulating your philosophy of teaching (maximum of 250 words)
• Salary is based on a salary scale which takes into consideration experience and education
• Strong benefits package, including health, dental, and vision (cost is shared between employer and employee)
In employment practices, the Archdiocese of Denver Catholic Schools do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, unfavorable military discharge, marital status, mental or physical handicap when these are unrelated to the ability to preform duties of the position. This policy is interpreted consistently with the religious mission and teaching of the Catholic Church.