This is a self-contained 5th grade classroom. A successful candidate will administer a classroom program that is conducive to student learning and is rich in faith formation. They will learn and utilize a classical model for teaching. A candidate for this position should also be open to learning and teaching Latin. Successful candidates will also have a unique appreciation of the humanities (history and literature) with a genuine interest in utilizing classical teaching methods. A personal and professional commitment to life-long-learning is essential. We are in search of an energetic, responsible, loving educator for our elementary school.
Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education, Education, or a related field
– Washington or another state teaching certification preferred (certification not required)
– Relevant classroom experience preferred
– Must be a practicing Catholic
– Knowledge of the basic teachings of the Catholic Church
– Knowledge of the subjects taught and of grade-level instructional methods and strategies
– Ability to manage student behavior in a classroom
– Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
– Ability to work well with others in the school community
– Confidence in multitasking and differentiating instruction
– Confidence in motivating and engaging students
– Confidence in managing job-appropriate technology
Resumes are sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, and will be reviewed upon arrival.
St. Mark Parish School is transitioning to a Catholic Classical Liberal Arts Education.