St. Michael Catholic School in Gastonia, NC is a PK- 8th grade parish school seeking a principal with educational experience to implement a classical liberal arts curriculum while strengthening collaborative relationships with current school families. With the support of the pastor, the school is interested in expanding its enrollment while maintaining its small, school-family environment. St. Michael is proud of its reputation for providing a rigorous, faith-based formation that leads to graduates becoming leaders at their respective high schools and beyond.
Responsibilities of the position include:
• Implementing a Catholic liberal arts curriculum
• Overseeing and guiding the spiritual development of the school through liturgy, daily prayer, and religion classes
• Supervising the instructional program of the school, while exploring educational methods that utilize the “state of the art”, newly-renovated facility which includes new makerspace and STEM labs
• Establishing and maintaining on-going communication between school and home.
• Managing the financial and business affairs of the school
The candidate must be a practicing Catholic who supports and upholds the teachings of the Catholic Church in word and deed. The candidate will be expected to become a registered and active member of the parish.
A Master’s degree or higher in Educational Administration/Supervision or an equivalent is required, or to be earned within two years after being hired. The candidate must have or be eligible for a North Carolina principal’s license within two years. Three years of administrative experience is preferred. The ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with a variety of school and parish stakeholders is essential.
Please submit by May 13, 2020 a cover letter, resume, professional license, transcripts, and application packet (available at: charlottediocese.org/schools-office/employment-opportunities/) to:
Catholic School Office
1123 S. Church St., Charlotte, NC 20203