The Principal of Cardinal Kung Academy serves as the school’s academic, spiritual and administrative leader in accordance with the mission, philosophy and by-laws established by the Board of Directors and the Office of the Superintendent. The Principal is an employee of the Board and is charged with carrying out the school’s strategic plan within the budget and policy parameters established by the Board. The Principal attends Board meetings as an ex officio member. The Principal is also expected to assist with marketing and fundraising efforts.
• Be a practicing Catholic who considers the job of Principal a vocation
• Be comfortable signing a Profession of Faith and an Oath of Fidelity to the Magisterium
• Have at least a Master’s degree in a related field
• Have training and experience in school administration
• Have teaching experience
• Be familiar with classical curriculum and methods
• Have excellent oral and written communication skills
• Be able to discipline with charity and fairness
• Have an entrepreneurial spirit
• Be hard-working, decisive, inspirational and able to lead by example
• Appreciate the start-up status of the school and be willing to take on any needed jobs
• Have experience with fundraising
• Understand fiscal management
• Be an avid reader
Interested candidates should submit the following materials electronically as separate documents (preferably as pdf files):
• Formal cover letter expressing interest in the position and aligning your skills and experiences with the leadership needs of Cardinal Kung Academy, as stipulated above.
• Current resume with all appropriate dates included
• Brief statement of educational or leadership philosophy and practice
• List of at least five references with name, title, phone number and email address of each (references will not be contacted until a serious mutual interest is established and not without the candidate’s permission).
All materials should be addressed to Dr. Steven Cheeseman, Superintendent of Schools, and emailed to Pat Bell, Executive Assistant to the Superintendent, at firstname.lastname@example.org.