The Good Shepherd School (GSS) located in Purcellville, VA is looking for an experienced professional to be its Office Manager to start immediately. The Office Manager is responsible for helping with the day-to-day operations of the school and administrative tasks such as electronic record keeping, filing, procurements and reimbursements, licensing and facilities management. This position is a full time, salaried position from 8:00am – 4:00pm weekdays from August through June with federal holidays off, Christmas and Easter break and reduced hours in July and August.
The Office Manager will report directly to the Head of School or the Board of Directors as designated on an interim basis and work together with the teaching staff to assist with the day-to-day operations and strategic growth of the school. The Office Manager will be responsible for:
* Creating and maintaining both physical and electronic files for students, staff members, board members, and general school accounts and activities.
* Managing payroll for teaching staff, substitutes, and contractors.
* Ensuring background check compliance, monitoring expiration dates for certifications, updating student information/medication authorizations/transportation authorizations/etc, calendar/scheduling maintenance, and managing paperwork related to our license with the VA Dept of Social Services. This includes maintenance of first aid supplies andthe medication lockbox.
* Serving as a daily lunch monitor or floater or afternoon pick-up coordinator, as needed.
* Preparing and distributing operational paperwork (e.g. annual class rosters, school supply lists, school directory, updated report card templates, field trip permission slips, etc).
* Writing the weekly parent email and monthly newsletter, be available by phone or in person for questions/concerns, consistently attend the monthly Parent Social and other school events like parent nights, picnics, etc.
* Writing for and manage GSS social media accounts
* Attending and assisting with preparation of all staff meetings, update staff and parent handbooks as new policies are developed or changes are made
* Assisting with maintaining the relationship with the landlord, St. Peter’s, check in regarding logistical/space concerns, etc.
* Conducting school tours for prospective families and ensure that all prospective family questions are answered in a complete and timely manner.
* Coordinating with parents planning events such as open houses and Catholic Schools Week.
* Managing office expenses – discuss curriculum and supply purchases with teachers, submit expense reports to the board of directors.
* Ensure volunteer slots are communicated to parent volunteers using SignUpGenius. Parents are responsible for ensuring volunteer slots are filled for Primary Set Up, Parent Social Hosting, Picnic/Event Planning, and Lunch Monitoring, and the inventory of the Uniform Closet.
* Maintain online access and permissions for qualified individuals. This includes website updates and maintenance and a working file drive for the Board of Directors.
* Ensure that the members of the Board of Directors meet state licensing requirements, including confirmation that all letters of recommendation and background checks are on file before a candidate begins serving.
* Collecting the mail, answering the phone and assisting with the creation and maintenance of the school calendar.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and experience working in a team.
Please submit a cover letter addressed to the Board of Directors to Heather Lataille firstname.lastname@example.org and resume describing how you learned about the school and why you think you are a good fit for the job. Please include two professional references and contact information with a salary expectation. Successful candidates will be contacted by email to schedule an interview. Please make no calls.