St. Albert the Great Academy seeks a principal committed to Pre-K to 5th grade Catholic Education who can effectively lead the school in fulfillment of the school’s mission to educate the whole child. This person should be an energetic personality who currently is or will be involved in our local community. Their skill set will help create an institution of high academic standards well rooted in the Catholic faith, attract students and benefactors to grow our school and produce children of virtueforour community.
The principal serves as the spiritual and instructional leader of the school and is responsible for all aspects of school operations. Qualified candidates must have an understanding ofthe New York State (or equivalent) Learning Standards(or be willing to learnthose Standards) and possess or be working towards certification as a School Building Leader and/or School District Leader.
• Practicing Catholic in good standing;
• Strong communication and leadership skills with a variety of stakeholders;
• Experience with staff hiring, management and development;
• Ability to develop, lead and implement curriculum, policies and school structure
• Experience and willingness to engage in development and fundraising efforts;
• Experience as an elementary teacher and/or administrator;
• Proficient with current instructional technology practices;
• Possess or working toward certification as a School Building Leader and/or School District Leader
Applicants must submit a complete application, which includes the following items: cover letter, résumé, contact information of three references, a letter from the Pastor of his/her home Catholic parish, and NYS certifications or equivalent to Maura DelFavero at Tyburn Academy (17 Clymer St., Auburn, NY 13021) or email AuburnCatholicEd@gmail.com