Full Time Upper School Science Teacher: Oakcrest School, an independent liberal arts school for girls grades 6-12 in Vienna, VA, seeks a full time experienced teacher of Physics and/or Chemistry beginning in August 2020. The Science department understands that science is grounded in the experience of wonder at the world around us, and seeks to instill in the student the art of questioning, the principles of observation, and the precision of thought.
Applicants should possess:
• a background in Physics and/or Chemistry (required);
• master’s degree (preferred);
• a background or experience in the liberal arts (preferred);
• a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience teaching science;
• excellent communication skills and an understanding of the developmental needs of adolescent girls;
• ability to make a contribution to the School outside one’s academic department.
Candidates who meet these criteria should send a cover letter, statement of teaching philosophy, resume, and a list of at least three current references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Science position” in the subject line of the email.