Bishop Machebeuf Catholic High School, located in Denver, Colorado is looking for a new principal for the 2020-2021 academic year. Bishop Machebeuf Catholic High School currently serves 338 students.
The Principal reports to the school President and is responsible for the education and formation of students and the professional growth of faculty. The Principal will primarily oversee the programs and staff in the realms of:
• Academic excellence
• Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
• Student Life and Discipline
• Campus Ministry
• Athletic and extracurricular activities
The Principal will collaborate and cooperate with the President who is responsible for:
• Mission advancement and development efforts
• General school operations
• Finances and Budgeting
Ideal candidates will:
• Be Catholics in good standing with the Church, who assent to the Church’s teachings on all matters, with particular care for those concerning the nature of the human person, sexual ethics, and sexual morality
• Have a strong commitment to the importance of the Catholic school ministry to the mission of the Church.
• Possess graduate level academic credentials and/or professional background in education, leadership, or related field
• Have previous teaching experience; previous administrative experience is preferred.
• Be committed to the Archdiocese of Denver’s vision and philosophy for Catholic education
• Be committed to a Catholic educational program rooted in the liberal arts, the foundations of western civilization, an understanding of history that highlights the essential contributions of Christianity to the development of western culture, and literature that enables young men and women to grapple the big questions of life in pursuit of what is true, good, and beautiful.
• Bring awareness and understanding of adolescent development and the challenges adolescents and young adults face in the secular and morally relativist world of today
• Be supportive and willing to drive school renewal through the
strengthening of the authentic Catholic liberal arts at the school.
• Be collaborative leaders who evaluate information before making a decision/taking action
• Exude trust and respect among students, faculty, parents, and the Boards
• Possess a strong positive, can-do attitude, with a strong bias for action based on realistic, specific, and attainable goals
• Demonstrate good judgement, discretion, and confidentiality
• Display a strong desire to innovate where reasonable and drive continuous improvement
• Prefer a transparent and collaborative, but decisive management style
• Know how to complement and cultivate the skill set and leadership styles of the faculty and staff
• Actively demonstrates a cross-cultural sensitivity
If you are interested in applying for the Principal/ Head of School position at Bishop Machebeuf Catholic High School and believe you meet the requirements above, please submit a letter of interest and resume to the Office of Catholic of Catholic Schools of the Archdiocese of Denver.
Attention: Mr. Elias J. Moo, Superintendent
1300 South Steele Street
Denver, CO 80210
Upon receipt of a letter of interest and resume, a principal application packet will be sent to qualified candidates for completion and submission to the Office of Catholic Schools for review and approval.
To learn more about the Archdiocese of Denver Catholic Schools, visit our website at http://www.denvercatholicschools.com.