Full Time Middle School Mathematics Teacher
Oakcrest School, an independent liberal arts school for girls grades 6-12 in Vienna, VA, seeks a full time experienced teacher of Middle School Mathematics beginning in August 2020. By inspiring an appreciation for the richness and beauty of mathematics, the Oakcrest mathematics curriculum helps students to undertake enthusiastically the rigorous training in analysis and logic that the study of mathematics demands. As a result, students develop the habits of perseverance, resourcefulness, and logical thought.
Applicants should possess:
• a strong educational background in Pre-Algebra, Algebra, and possibly Geometry;
• bachelors degree in mathematics or a related field (required);
• a minimum of three to five years teaching experience in a rigorous program;
• possess a background or experience in the liberal arts;
• excellent communication skills and an understanding of the developmental needs of adolescent girls;
• experience with and desire to collaboratively work as part of a team;
• commitment to excellent teaching and to continued professional development;
• desire to involve oneself with the school communicate beyond the classroom.
Candidates who meet these criteria should send a cover letter, statement of teaching philosophy, resume, and a list of at least three current references to: email@example.com with “Mathematics position” in the subject line of the email.