The Atonement Academy is seeking a long-term substitute teacher in the areas of Drama and Philosophy to begin immediately. Full or part-time positions are possible. Candidates should be well-versed in the Catholic Intellectual tradition, especially Catholic philosophy, and committed to classical education. Priority is given to candidates with degrees or appropriate coursework in Philosophy, Drama, or Classical Rhetoric, experience teaching at the high school level, and a commitment to Catholic classical education.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Collaborate with colleagues to coordinate instruction across the curriculum
• Hold office hours to meet with students in need of assistance outside of class
• Communicate with parents, counselors, administration, and students
• Participation in professional development activities sponsored by school and other professional development activities as required
• Fulfillment of school duties as assigned
• Regular attendance of departmental and faculty meetings
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject area
• Experience teaching at high school level
• Knowledge of dramatic techniques, staging, and directing required for Drama applicants
• Excellent organizational and communications skills
• Understanding of the role of Philosophy and/or Drama in a classical curriculum
• The successful candidate will be required to pledge fidelity to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church.
• All prospective employees must be able to clear a background check.
• Practicing Catholic who strives to live in conformity with the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church.
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Medical and other benefits offered.
The Atonement Academy
The Atonement Academy provides an accredited classical education rooted in centuries of Catholic faith and tradition. Our highly acclaimed academics program encourages scholars to develop intellectual ability, make moral decisions, and solidify Catholic virtues. Our classical curriculum is led by Catholic teachers who truly care about all of their students. They are attentive to each child’s education and religious formation. We are guided by the Latin phrase, “Fides et Ratio,” Faith and Reason, which is at the core of our Christ centered community of faith, hope, and love.