Magdalen College is a residential Catholic liberal arts college located in Warner, New Hampshire. Founded in 1973, the College received accreditation anew in 2019 and is one of only 15 residential colleges recommended by The Cardinal Newman Society. Magdalen College draws its students primarily from the homeschool and independent private school communities while actively proposing its education to the Church and nation more broadly. Located at the base of Kearsarge Mountain, the College sits amidst 135 acres of pine forests, fields, and gravel paths, offering endless moments of inspiring beauty in every season. Our community is unlike any other.
Job Summary Overview:
Magdalen College is seeking a new Admissions Officer to join as an integral part of the admissions team. We are committed to promoting authentically Catholic liberal arts education, and effectively represent the unique nature of our College and Mission. The Admissions Officer will skillfully guide potential students and their parents along the application and admissions process, building relationships that will enable qualified applicants to enroll as students.
The Admissions Officer will be involved in aspects of alumni relations and will assist with tasks and activities such as ongoing communication and event planning.
This position may also assist in building our social media presence by coordinating the master schedule and gathering information and resources to be used; and possibly writing copy and creating posts.
The successful candidate will possess a professional demeanor and be energetic, personable, well-organized, detail-oriented, computer-savvy, and able to work independently with intelligence and compassion when communicating with members of the public and staff. Participation in admissions and alumni activities on campus outside of regular business hours is often required and flexibility and commitment to this aspect of the position is necessary.
This Admissions Officer reports to the Director of Admissions, Communications, and Strategic Relationships and is responsible for:
• Proactively managing student applicants and applications from initial submission through the review and acceptance process
• Understanding the need for prompt and personal responses to incoming leads
• Managing and maintaining the CRM and email systems
• Creating and disseminating weekly reports
• Maintaining a well-organized and efficient office
• Working closely with the Director of Financial Aid and the Dean of Academics on preparing applicants for review
• Effectively communicating with and responding to members of the Admissions Committee and staff
• Working closely with the Director of Student Life to coordinate campus activities and schedule and supervise Work Study students
• Attentively communicating with Alumni and updating database
• Assisting with or spearheading the planning and hosting of admissions and alumni events and activities
• Assisting with creating and monitoring social media campaigns and posts
• Proctoring the Classic Learning Test on-campus exams for high school students
o Minimum of an Associate degree
o Experience working in college admissions a plus
o One to three years of professional business experience in a non-profit environment
o One to three years customer service experience, or that of working with students in secondary schools
o Ability to prioritize and make responsible decisions
o Excellent computer skills
o Excellent time management and organizational skills
o Excellent multi-tasking skills and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
o Clear and effective writing and phone skills
o Experience with Social Media and its workings
o Must be willing to occasionally work evenings and weekends when necessary
Please email resumé and cover letter to: Laura Lorona-Kays, Director of Admissions, firstname.lastname@example.org
Unity of Purpose
Applicants for this position should review carefully the content found here:
Catholic Culture https://magdalen.edu/spiritual-life/catholic-culture/
At Magdalen College, the president, trustees, Catholic faculty and Catholic members of the staff pledge their fidelity to the teaching and practices of the Church at the beginning of each academic year. This gives public witness to the unity of our mission and purpose.
When applying for this position, the applicant should indicate in his or her cover letter that he or she has read and understood the content found on the pages linked above and is prepared to commit to the College’s self-understanding and mission.