Bishop Machebeuf High School, a diocesan high school within the Archdiocese of Denver, is looking to hire a full-time teacher for courses in the Classical Education Track, a rapidly growing program that employs a great books, seminar-style pedagogical approach to literature and history in conjunction with courses in the trivium (grammar, logic, and rhetoric).
The ideal candidate will have:
• an earnest desire to form young men and women to be servants of Jesus Christ and loyal sons and daughters of His Church.
• an active personal faith life and involvement in the Catholic Church.
• extensive knowledge of and educational background in literature.
• exposure to the disciplines of philosophy and history.
• experience working with high school students (this will be considered a distinguishing factor but is not mandatory).
• a commitment to continued learning and growth as an individual and member of the Classical Track faculty.
To be considered for this position, please send a resume, cover letter, and a statement articulating your philosophy of teaching (max 250 words) to email@example.com.