McDonell Area Catholic Schools celebrated 135 years of Catholic education in Chippewa Falls and is one of the oldest existing Catholic schools in the state of Wisconsin. It is our faith and our commitment to community that has allowed us to carry on the tradition of excellent Catholic education. Our mission is committed to the formation of community, academic excellence and the spiritual and physical well-being of each student in the Spirit of Jesus Christ.
McDonell Area Catholic Schools are seeking educators who are passionate about guiding students on their path to greater spiritual and emotional growth while helping them to achieve academic success through best educational practices and the use of current technology. Candidates need to be comfortable with working as a part of a whole-school instructional team, that together reviews student achievement data as a means to improve the school’s success. Applicants will be chosen based on their ability to work closely and communicate successfully with individual students; on the degree of their subject matter expertise; and on the breadth and flexibility of their instructional strategies.
The position of the SNSP Literacy Interventionist was established for the purpose to close the gap of literacy skills of students who are below grade level in reading.
McDonell Area Catholic Schools is seeking a part-time or full-time SNSP Literacy Interventionist assistant for St. Charles Borromeo Primary. Grades K-2.
1. Provide small group or 1:1 remedial instructions to students who have been identified as having an educational disability
2. Develop data collection procedures for measuring progress on all ISP goals and objectives
3. Collect and analyze data on individual students and make instructional recommendations in conjunction with the Student Support Services Coordinator
4. Work collaboratively with teachers and other education staff to provide comprehensive services to students in the SNSP program
5. Document time and tasks devoted to the SNSP program
6. Prepare quarterly reports for parents for approval from the Student Support Services Coordinator
7. Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with public school case managers of students in the SNSP program
8. Create educational materials for students in the SNSP program
9. Share with respective teachers all accommodations and other supports outlined on the students ISP
10. Administer formal and informal assessment benchmarks and probes
11. Attend and participate in annual ISP and quarterly review meetings as appropriate
12. Maintain a clean, orderly learning space for all students
13. All other duties as assigned
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in education or equivalent work experience
• Experience working with children with learning needs
• Able to collect objective data, calculate it, and present graphically
• Able to work collaboratively with teachers, parents and supervisors
• Able to administer informal and formal assessment measures, document results, and share areas of concern with teachers and Student Support Services Coordinator
• Knowledge, experience and understanding of assessments and using data to monitor student growth, inform instruction
• Good communication skills in writing and speaking with staff, students, and parents.
• Commitment to the mission and vision of McDonell Area Catholic Schools
We highly encourage candidates to explore the McDonell Area Catholic Schools (MACS) website, as well as the Chippewa Falls Chamber of Commerce website to become more familiar with our system and community.
Apply to: Interested candidates should apply online at WECAN, on our Employment Opportunity website, or send a letter of application, resume, transcripts, and three letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org
*We are continually accepting resumes even when an opening doesn’t currently exist. If you are committed to the same values as McDonell Area Catholic Schools and are interested in submitting your credentials please do so at any time by filling out an application and submitting your resume on the McDonell Area Catholic Schools Employment Opportunity page, or sending your credentials to email@example.com