The Assistant Head of School and Upper School Principal at Holy Spirit Preparatory School is responsible for fostering a positive and faith-filled growth experience for every student in the School’s grade 8-12 campus. The role encompasses the day-to-day management, evaluation, and supervision of faculty and staff to ensure effective and clear procedures for the operation of the School, which are consistent with the philosophy, mission, values, and goals of the School at-large. This includes the Upper School’s instructional and discipline programs, campus ministry, student life (including athletics and extracurricular offerings), program evaluation, and the college counseling department. The Assistant Head of School and Upper School Principal is a 12-month, full-time position, responsible to the Head of School.
The Assistant Head of School and Upper School Principal oversees an experienced and dedicated faculty and staff of approximately 45 members and 300 students. The role is demanding, yet the opportunity to join the remarkable three-campus leadership team and to contribute to the forward momentum of a school seeking to become the nation’s pre-eminent pre-K – 12th grade Catholic school is exciting. The role requires a confident, experienced educational leader who will be visible and engaging with parents and faculty, diplomatic and fair-minded in decision-making, and who loves children and the Catholic faith. The leader must strive to personify the attributes associated with the School’s Portrait of the Teacher.
The Assistant Head of School and Upper School Principal role requires a student-focused educator with administrative experience in secondary education. Working as a positive, productive member of Holy Spirit Prep’s senior leadership team, as well as passionately leading the Upper School faculty, are critical components of the position. In addition to being a skillful leader and a strategic thinker, a successful candidate will possess the following background and competencies:
• Practicing Catholic in full communion with the Roman Catholic Church
· Graduate degree, preferably in educational leadership
· Minimum of five years of experience in school administration, preferably in a Catholic school
· Previous middle and/or high school teaching experience
· Prior experience in curricular programming for an innovative teaching and learning environment
· Strong interpersonal skills in speaking to and listening to students, teachers, and parents
· Ability to build strong relationships with school families through regular attendance at school events
· Ability to work closely with faculty and staff to support and facilitate their commitment to educating students, while delegating appropriately and ensuring accountability
· Strong writing skills in order to communicate in an effective and compelling way and by conveying decision rationale to broader school strategy and mission
· Ability to present educational information effectively
· Ability to attend to detail
· Knowledge of innovative uses of technology and serving as a role model for faculty in this area
· Willingness to work closely and productively with the Head of School and the administrative team, building a true partnership for the School
To apply, send a cover letter, statement of educational philosophy, and résumé to Marylu Valek at email@example.com.