Saint Ignatius Catholic School, a classical 160 student, PK-8 coeducational school in Kaukauna, Wisconsin is seeking a Headmaster / Principal. We are a Wisconsin Religious and Independent Accredited school. We provide a rigorous classical curriculum, sound catechesis, access to the sacraments, and joyful Catholic teachers. We welcome entrepreneurial, mission-driven candidates from varied career platforms, including other Catholic and independent schools, higher education, and the like. Candidates from corporate and professional-service areas are also encouraged to apply, provided they can demonstrate a strong grounding in classical learning, the Catholic faith, and servant leadership.
The Headmaster / Principal of Saint Ignatius Catholic School needs to be a faith-filled servant leader with passion for mission who will embrace and promote the school’s Catholic identity while modeling these qualities in his or her daily leadership practice. The ideal candidate will adhere to the Mission, possess strong knowledge of classical education, and embrace the vision for growth in the community. The ideal candidate will have a heart for service, strong leadership skills, be comfortable speaking publicly, and be able to communicate the vision of classical Catholic education effectively.
REPORTS TO: Pastoral Leaders and Saint Ignatius Board of trustees
FUNCTION AND STRUCTURE OF THE JOB:
The Headmaster / Principal is the professional, institutional, educational, and spiritual/moral leader of the school; he or she is authorized to oversee the school’s organization and administration. The Headmaster / Principal provides the vision and shapes the direction of the school in accordance with its mission and strategic plan. He or she provides leadership to our students, parents, faculty, and staff. The Headmaster / Principal is responsible for overseeing the Classical Catholic academic community, managing the business of the school and overseeing the development of the school.
• Responsible for all functions of the school.
• Exercises leadership and vision.
• Reports to the Pastoral leaders and Board of Trustees and is an ex-officio, non-voting member of the Board of Trustees.
• Develops and fosters the entire school community, including students, faculty, staff, parents alumni, donors.
• Contributes significant time and effort to institutional advancement: fundraising, admissions, and marketing.
• Oversees the planning and execution of the strategic plan and the annual budget plan.
• Fosters and embodies the Catholic identity of the school and works with the Pastoral leaders to integrate the Catholic presence within the school.
• Responsible for compliance with all laws and regulations, accreditation requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
• Oversees all hiring.
• Provides and promotes opportunities for both spiritual and professional development of the faculty, staff, and students of St. Ignatius Catholic School.
• Manage, evaluate and supervise effective and clear procedures for the operation and functioning of the school consistent with the philosophy, mission, values and goals of the school. (This includes curriculum/instructional programs, extracurricular activities, and discipline systems to ensure a safe and orderly climate, as well as program evaluation, personnel management, office operations, and emergency procedures)
• Establish and promote high standards and expectations for all students and staff for academic performance and responsibility for behavior.
• Master’s degree or higher in Education Administration or similar field from an accredited post-secondary institution or be willing to participate in a program to complete such a degree within a specified time period.
• High-profile leader with outstanding relationship-building skills and experiences.
Skill and Abilities
• Outstanding poise, presence, and communications skills.
• Ability to execute with discipline and hold people accountable.
• Ability to create and foster a positive and collaborative working environment.
If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter and resume with references to: firstname.lastname@example.org