Montessori Lead Teacher, PreK-1st – Our Lady of Victory Academy – Princeton, NJ
We are looking for an experienced Montessori teacher for a full-time lead Montessori teacher position to begin working September 5 for the 2018/2019 school year. This is a full-time lead teacher position at a new school: Our Lady of Victory Academy, in Princeton, NJ.
We are seeking a warm, enthusiastic individual with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively and effectively as part of a team. Applicants should have a deep respect for children and a desire to provide a Montessori prepared environment that allows for freedom within limits and encourages each child’s unique abilities and gifts.
An ideal candidate would possess the following:
• A faithful, practicing Catholic, willing to make a formal Profession of Faith and take an Oath of Fidelity to the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church;
• An experienced teacher having at least 2 years of classroom teaching or tutoring experience (certification preferred, but optional);
• 3-6 Montessori Teaching Credential, AMS/AMI/MACTE approved training
• An individual who is organized, prompt, and adapts easily to changes in the classroom; and
• An educator who loves learning, strives to help each student grasp the concepts taught, and manages the classroom with a firm but loving manner.
• Ability to move with ease through the classroom, get on the floor with children and lift up to 40 pounds.
• Teaching: 2 years
• Montessori Certification
• National Association of Catechesis of the Good Shepherd United States preferred
Submit your cover letter and resume to Susanne Tyrrell at email@example.com. If selected a phone interview will be scheduled, followed by an in-person interview.