English Literature Teacher, Grades 6-8
St. Mary Catholic School is hiring a teacher for Middle School English Language Arts (ELA)
Interested candidates, please send your cover letter, resume, and at least two letters of reference to Jim Baker, Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TITLE: Sixth through Eighth Grade English / Language Arts Teacher
ENTITY: St. Mary Catholic School, Littleton, Colorado & Archdiocese of Denver
START DATE: August 20, 2018
REPORTS TO: School Principal
THE POSITION: The Middle School English Language Arts Teacher is a qualified professional educator who meets the requirements to teach in a Catholic school in the Archdiocese of Denver. The teacher is hired by and directly accountable to the principal. The teacher is expected to abide by the policies and procedures of the local school, the Archdiocese of Denver, and the Office of Catholic Schools. The teacher cooperates with the principal and staff in providing an environment that promotes the ministry of Catholic education.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
– Requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, preferably in education;
– Requires appropriate state licensure for teaching or willingness to pursue state Alternative Teacher Licensure
– Compliance with Archdiocese of Denver Safe Environment requirements.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
– Be a fully initiated Catholic in the communion of the Catholic Church and intentionally
living out the five precepts of the Church (CCC 2041-2043);
– Refrain from promotion or approval of, or the living out of, any conduct or lifestyle that
would reflect discredit or disgrace on, or cause scandal in relationship to, the Archdiocese of Denver, or considered to be in contradiction with Catholic doctrine or morals;
– Effective supervisory skills;
– Effective listening and verbal communication skills;
– Must have the necessary background and training in elementary education methods and subject areas;
– Must have understanding of child development skills necessary to relate to the students being taught;
– Must have appropriate control and discipline techniques to successfully manage a
– Must work cooperatively with school staff and administration;
– Sound judgment and decision-making skills;
– Knowledge of and willingness to implement safety and emergency procedures;
– Positive references and recommendations;
– Successfully pass a criminal background check.
– Requires lifting up to 40 pounds and carrying up to 40 pounds.
– Ability to execute appropriate safety and emergency procedures, including leading
evacuations and providing basic first aid.
Interested candidates, please send your cover letter, resume, and at least two letters of reference to Jim Baker, Principal, at email@example.com